JDA at a Glance
Strengthening Faith: Jaipur Development Authority
Jaipur Development Authority (JDA) has been committed to working for the benefit of the citizens of Jaipur with planned implementation of development schemes and is consistently striving to take Jaipur at higher levels of progress. Jaipur is one of the most well-planned cities of its times and planned development has always been central to its ideology.
Jaipur Development Authority came into existence by the Government of Rajasthan with a vision to combat and manoeuvre the growing requirements of a large city in wake of the increasing population and to help give Jaipur a planned look compatible and comparable to any metropolitan city of repute. JDA was authorised powers and a green signal to speed up the development and progressive growth of the entire city to rapidly change the face of Jaipur. To meet these important needs JDA sprang into action and started to understand the necessary needs of the city.
According to the requisites, JDA has been working towards time-bound construction, creation and development of the western part of Jaipur based on major scientific and hi-tech strategies. Thus, Jaipur has been beautified intensively to augment the tourist attraction in the city and to raise the living standards to suit convenience of its citizens.
The major undertaking of JDA includes the following:
- Infrastructural development of Jaipur region by construction of flyovers, bridges, parking places.
- Development of commercial projects and residential schemes, etc.
- Development of basic amenities like community centres, parks, ring roads.
- Development and rehabilitation of kacchi bastis etc.
- Preparation and implementation of master plan.
- Preparation and implementation of guidelines for colonisation.
- Environmental development by planning and implementing roadside plantations and by developing eco-friendly schemes.
- Development of rural area around Jaipur.
- Development of transport facilities like Mass Rapid
- Transport System (MRTS), Transport Nagar, and major sector roads.
According to the promises and commitments of the Rajasthan Government, JDA has been time and again proving itself as a pioneer of development, creating a state-of-the-art city of substance. JDA has been working on widening all main roads, construction of over bridges, under bridges and flyovers to regulate the traffic on roads, minimize pollution, and ensure public convenience and safety. JDA firmly believes in bridging the gap and reaching out to its citizens and to provide them with quick and hassle-free service.
JDA , where town planning is a tradition.